If you live in Mumbai and are looking for a short escape to the mountain, the you dont have to go all the way to the North of India. There are some amazing hill stations in Maharashtra where you can visit with your family. For eg : Lonavala, Matheran, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, Igatpuri and many more. Even though there are some exclusive resorts near Pune for weekends as well Surfing spots in Mumbai. But here I am going to share with you all a Free Itinerary from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar by Car on a budget with Family.
DISTANCE BETWEEN MUMBAI TO MAHABALESHWAR
Depending on where you are located in Mumbai and what time you depart, it will take approximately 5.5 hours to reach Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai.
CAR EXPENSES FOR A HATCH BACK CAR WITH DRIVER FOR A FAMILY OF FOUR
If you have a Car , then you simply have to bear the Petrol and Road Tolls and Taxes from Mumbai to Panchgani. I , am going to share the different types of Tolls and Taxes applicable. Also, If you are hiring a Car, then the expenses will go until Rs 8000 excluding the Tolls and Taxes.
What all Tolls you should pay from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar?
There are 4 Major toll tax locations while travelling from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar.
The Toll Collection Locations are
1. Mumbai Pune Expressway
2. Pune City Entry toll
3. Panchgani Entry Tax (After Wai Ghat)
4. Mahabaleshwar Toll Tax (Veena Lake), Old Mahabaleshwar road taxes (Forest Tax + Grampanchayat entry fee for individuals).
Furthermore, The Toll Taxes Amount and Types :
1. Panchgani Hill Station Municipal Council Per Person Road Tax (Rs.20) validity 7 days
2. Panchgani Pollution Tax Per vehicle (Rs.50) valid for 7 days
3. Mahabaleshwar Municipal Council Per Person Road Tax (Rs.20) validity 7 days
4. Mahabaleshwar Pollution Tax Per Car (Rs.30)
Apart from these Tolls and Taxes, There are Parking Charges for :few sightseeing points like Parsi point, Table Land, Kates etc. Also, Separate car parking charges has to be paid of Rs.10 and Rs.20 for which receipts are provided.
Where to Stay in Mahabaleshwar?
There are many Cottages, AirBnb, Oyo , Resorts as well as Best Hotels in Mahabaleshwar depending on your budget type. However, I am going to recommend The Best Two Places to Stay in Mahabaleshwar for a bug family.
Ravine is one of the most preferred hotels in Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar for accommodation. The Rooms are designed so beautifully. Moreover, It is easy to find as it is located right next to main road . Also, once you enter the place it is very quite and peaceful. The Rooms are very nice and clean, with a balcony and the Mountain view.
Strawberry farmhouse is a lesser known cottage stay in Mahabaleshwar. I personally love this place, as it is quite affordable and quite spacious too. Firstly, You will absolutely be amazed by how clean and well maintained the rooms are. Secondly, the View from the balcony is to die for.
There is a garden in which , you can ask for a bon fire setup during winters and have your dinner in the open sky.
The Rooms in Strawberry farmhouse in Mahabaleshwar are big enough. There is a separate section to accommodate a huge family. Few rooms also have Jacuzzi or a bath tub in it.
During winter season, you can also see Strawberries growing in the farm ,which is right in front of their Farmhouse.
This particular house is a must checkout place while visiting Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai
What Places to Visit in Mahabaleshwar & Panchgani?
There are quite a lot sightseeing places in Mahabaleshwar for a family and couples alike. Below is the list of places that you must visit in Mahabaleshwar on a Two Day trip from Mumbai
1. Elphinstone Point : You must checkout Elphinstone point in Mahabaleshwar which offers great view of Pratapgad fort and valleys of river Koyna and Savitri.
2. Venna Lake : Firstly, Venna lake is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mahabaleshwar. Then, Venna lake is man made lake and not a natural lake. You can go for Row and Peddle boats with your family
3.Sunset Point :You can go for Horse riding at Sunset Point, however i advise you not to as i am against animal cruelty. This place in Mahableshwar is surrounded by a lot of food joints as well
4.Mahabaleshwar Market : Mahabaleshwar Market is a market where you should head to on both the days. You will be amazed to see authentic items like Shoes, Bags, Juttis, Kitchen Items, and Clothing.
5.Strawberry Farm :A visit to Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani is incomplete without visiting the strawberry farms. Also, Held in the month of March/April (during the Easter weekend), the Mapro Strawberry Festival at Mapro Garden, has become a much awaited annual event.
6.Mapro Retail and Malas Retail : You must buy Chocolates, Pure Organic Jams, Juices and a lot of other items from the largest Retail stores in Mahabaleshwar.
DO NOT FORGET TO TASTE THESE FOOD IN MAHABALESHWAR
1. STRAWBERRY CREAM
2.OVEN BAKED PIZZA
Let us know in the comment, if you wish to know more details about the trip.
- Life After Pandemic – Things you must do once the covid ends
- Top 5 Best Face Wash in India for a glowing face in 2021
- Top 4 Chemical Free Baby Wipes, it’s uses and price in India
- 3 Undervalued passion that can change your life
- 8 Places to Travel in India in Summer Season
- 4 Indian Organic Skin Care brands that you can trust on
- Is Consumerism burning holes in your pockets?
- Lessons Learnt : From my luxury trip which was supposed to be a Budget Trip
- Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar – A Two Day Free Itinerary