The one thing that i always and most of the time keep a check while on a trip is how much am i spending on that trip. No, i dont restrain from shopping from the local market or eat at a plush restaurant and even stay at a decent hotel. But, it is important that you plan your trips budget in advance, rather than doing it after the trip ends.
So, on one of my Budget trip which became an unintentional luxury trip, i have lessons for you, which you must pay attention to.
IF YOU THINK THAT HOW TRAVEL BLOGGERS SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON A TRIP, THEN YOU MUST KNOW “THEY KNOW THESE TRAVEL HACKS“
Especially while you are traveling in a group, these lessons will save your money on a budget trip
- Pre-decide the budget you have to spend on a trip.
- Allocate the amount for food, stay, transport and shopping
- Transfer all the amount to a single person and then do not shell out a single cent during that trip
- Record each days spending
- Use apps like Split-wise (I dont prefer it as it sometimes does miscalculations)
- Remind yourself to not overspend at one restaurant or that one piece of art
- Travel in Public transport instead of private cars
How to Travel on a budget while doing a solo trip?
- Travel in buses as it saves a lot of money when compared with private cars.
- Try Hitch-Hiking
- Stay in Hostels and Dormitories like Hostel-world, Moustache, etc
- Try Homestays
- Eat Local street Food
How can one do a budget trip with family?
While travelling with your, it becomes difficult to set a budget. However, it is essential so as not to burn your pockets.
- For Stays, ask for standard deluxe suite with an extra bed(for a family of four). Trust me it saves money
- If you are staying in a cottage, eat from the inhouse kitchen. Like this, you will get to taste the local food and as well as save some money
- Keep aside one day or two days for shopping. So that, you dont end up only doing shopping while you are on a budget trip with your family.
- If you are going to a Beach or a Hill station, rent bicycles for at least a day and visit the local market on the same.
HAPPY TRAVELLING !
AND DO NOT FORGET TO PLAN YOUR TRIP INADVANCE
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM :