Food is the only constant, everything else is dramatic and too much cryptic. You have evolved as a Human, but your thirst and quench for trying New Food defines your Palate growth. What would you choose from Pizza and Kebabs? Two dishes that have drastically different origins yet it will impress you for a long time. Pizza has its origins in the Land of Love while Kebabs comes from the Land of History and Trade – Turkey. However, there is a twist. Potato Pizza is not a normal Pizza and Adana Shish Kebab is definitely not that you have tried before. The recipe is so easy that you can master it in three go-s.
And No A Potato Pizza is not a Pizza with Potato Toppings
This is a Food battle and you have got to choose one. Alright?
Let’s get started with the recipe of Potato Pizza vs Adana Shish Kebab
Potato Pizza | Pizza without Flour | Pizza without Pizza Base| No Oven
A Potato Pizza needs NO Flour for the Base. Neither does it requires an Oven. The crispy Potato base takes your Pizza experience to another level. A Potato Pan Pizza will earn you more hearts and love. This is one such recipe for your Kids, that will be loved for sure.
Ingredients for the Potato Pan Pizza
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Eggs (* You can use flour instead of eggs by mixing the flour with potatoes before adding potatoes on the pan.)
- Tomato sauce,
- Chicken pieces
- Mozzarella cheese
- Bell pepper or Capsicum
RECIPE FOR THE POTATO PAN PIZZA
- Firstly, grate 2 medium size potatoes. Then wash them once in the water and squeeze the water out thoroughly.
- Now add salt, pepper, cumin powder, to the grated potatoes and mix everything well
- Now place a 28cm non-stick pan on the stove on medium-low heat and add 1.5 tbsp oil. Make sure the oil is heated well
- Once the oil is heated add the Potato in the pan and spread it evenly. Then, Cover and cook for 10 mins or until set.
- Now flip it over and cook the other side for 5 mins with no lid (this makes both sides little crispy)
- Now add the toppings, Cooked chicken pieces, Corn, Onions, Capsicum
- Lastly, Add Cheese. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes or until the cheese melts
- Finally, add the basil leaves and your Potato Pizza is ready to serve.
Let us head towards the other side of this Food Battle between Potato Pan Pizza and Adana Shish Turkish Kebab
Kebabs are Love. This particular one is True Love. Adana Shish Kebab is named after the city of Adana in Turkey, where it is said to have originated Further, Adana Kebabs are traditionally made of minced lamb mounted on a skewer and grilled over charcoal.
How to make Adana Shish Kebabs at Home | Turkish Kebab Recipe
Ingredients for Adana Shish Kebab
- 1 pound ground Lamb or Chicken
- 1 small minced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin and sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water (ice cold)
- 4 metal skewers or wooden skewers (soaked in water)
Recipe for Adana Shish Kebab
- Combine the minced lamb, minced onion, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of the ground sumac, salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and ice water in a large bowl.
- Then Knead the mixture by hand till it becomes sticky to the side of the bowl.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Wet your hands and place a quarter of the lamb mixture onto each skewer.
- Grill the kebabs, for approximately 12 minutes, until well charred on both sides.
- If you don’t have a Griller. Then alternatively, use a nonstick grill pan and put the skewers on it.
So, Have you decided yet? Which one would you choose between Potato Pizza for your Kids or Adana Shish Kebab? Who wins? Let us know in the comments.